Cycling is the best form of exercise to maintain your fitness level. However, cycling in cold weather is almost impossible. So in winter, many people prefer indoor cycling to keep themselves in shape.
When cycling indoors, it’s a little harder to gauge your speed. So, if cycling is monitored by a device or app while cycling, it is easy to know the cycling metrics. Plus, you can track your ride and customize it to meet your specific needs.
There are a variety of apps and devices available for tracking indoor cycling. Garmin is considered the best free indoor cycling monitoring app. However, it requires a compatible Garmin smartwatch to accurately monitor workouts.
So if you’re concerned about how to track indoor cycling on Garmin, this article is for you. This article explains how to use the Garmin app and some other apps to monitor your indoor cycling.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Apps to track indoor cycling on Garmin
Here are some amazing apps that will help you to track indoor cycling on Garmin:
Indoor cycling is almost similar to outdoor cycling without GPS. Because you’re doing it indoors, use a speed sensor to monitor your progress. When you cycle, it tells you how far you can go.
Garmin is a useful app for tracking your workouts. This app is available for iOS and Android users. It’s free, but you need a compatible Garmin device to use it.
This app connects your phone to Garmin GPS, allowing you to share data. By connecting your mobile device to Garmin, you’ll be able to track every aspect of your ride in charts and graphs.
Tracking indoor cycling with a Garmin device is not a complicated process. You must follow the steps mentioned below to effectively track indoor cycling.
- First of all, go to Set up and select the sensor menu. Swipe right and click “Add New Sensor” to add a new sensor.
- Swipe right again to search for the sensor after selecting ” Cadence.”
- When you find the sensor, turn it on and enter your wheel size by choosing”Automatic”.The process is performed automatically. Leave it when done.
- Then go back to the main menu and select indoor cycling as your activity.
- Finally, put the watch on the bike. Start pedaling and press the start button.
Credit Of Video: Coastie Outdoors
Endomondo is a great app for tracking your indoor cycling workouts. To effectively track indoor cycling, you must follow the steps outlined below.
- Check that your Garmin device is linked to your Garmin Connect account via Garmin Express, Garmin Connect Mobile, or Wi-Fi.
- Go to Endomondo.com/settings/connect and click the Garmin Connect connect button. You’ll be taken to the Garmin Connect website to confirm the connection.
- In the future, your Garmin Connect uploads will appear on Endomondo automatically.
If you’re looking for a way to track your indoor cycling workouts, Garmin has a great option called MapMyRide. This app lets you track your rides, see your progress over time, and even share your rides with friends. Here’s how to get started:
1. Download the MapMyRide app from the App Store or Google Play.
2. Create an account and log in.
3. Connect your Garmin device to the app.
4. Select a workout from the app and start tracking!
5. View your progress and stats in the app after each ride.
Assuming you would like tips for tracking indoor cycling with a Garmin device:
There are a few ways to track your indoor cycling workouts with a Garmin device. One way is to use the Cyclemeter app.
Cyclemeter is an app that lets you track your rides, including indoor rides. To use Cyclemeter with your Garmin device, you’ll need to pair the two together. Once they’re paired, you’ll be able to see your ride data on your Garmin device.
If you’re a fan of indoor cycling, you’re probably familiar with Strava. Strava is a website and app that allows users to track their cycling activities and share them with others.
There are a few different ways to connect your Garmin device to Strava.
- From the Garmin Connect mobile app:
- If your Garmin device supports Bluetooth, you can download the Garmin Connect mobile app, create a Garmin Connect account and link it to your Strava account by going to Settings > Connected Apps > Strava.
- Accept permission to upload your events from Garmin Connect to Strava when authorizing your account.
- Disabling this permission will prevent past and future activity from syncing.
- Once events are wirelessly uploaded to Garmin Connect via Bluetooth, they will appear on Strava in a few moments.
- Garmin will also sync your activity for the past 90 days to Strava after your first upload.
- Using Garmin Express:
- To upload using your computer, download and install Garmin Express, then follow the instructions to add your device.
- Visit strava.com/upload/device on the Strava website and find the Garmin option to authorize links to Strava.
- Once this connection is established, any new activities uploaded to Garmin Connect™ will automatically sync to Strava. Garmin will also sync your activity for the past 90 days to Strava after your first upload.
The credit of the video: Stevo Runs
Best Garmin Tracking Devices for Indoor Cycling
A Garmin tracking device is a device that tracks your activity and captures data such as speed and measurements. You can use it to track your daily exercise.
Also, you can use the device for any kind of exercise, including running, cycling, and more. Also, it shows excellent accuracy when working at home with speed sensors like indoor bikes.
Here are three of the best Garmin tracking devices for indoor cycling.
1. Garmin Vivosmart 4:
Features & Specs:
- Sleekest design
- Ultra light-weight
- VO2 max
- 7 days Battery Life
The Garmin Vivosmart 4 is the best fitness tracker for indoor cycling. It has an elegant and durable design and a 48 x 128-pixel OLED display. In addition to the vivid display, this tracker has a soft and flexible silicone strap for extra comfort.
When it comes to its fitness tracking features, the vivosmart 4 is undoubtedly the most advanced and accurate fitness tracker out there. Best for daily workout classes that track a variety of physical activities, body energy monitoring, and automatic repetition counting for cardio workouts.
The Garmin Vivosmart 4 has built-in sensors that effectively track speed, distance, and other measurements to track indoor cycling.
In addition, you can set alarm reminders and calendars, and use your smartwatch as a fitness tracker. As a bonus, the device is equipped with an equipped ABC sensor that checks altitude and weather conditions.
Finally, the Garmin Vivosmart 4 offers good battery life of up to 7 days. Although it doesn’t have GPS, it’s still best for tracking your workouts and indoor rides.
Credit Of video: Active Ideas
2. Garmin Vivosmart HR:
Features & Specs:
- CPU: Built-in CPU
- RAM: Built-in RAM
- Storage: Built-in Memory
- Display: 25.3 mm x 10.7 mm IPS LCD capacitive
Another Garmin fitness tracker compatible with tracking indoor cycling is the Garmin Vivosmart HR. This wearable device has useful health features to help maintain a healthier lifestyle.
In terms of design, this watch comes with an AMOLED display has a screen size of 2 inches. It offers a clear and bright display even in direct sunlight. It also has a stylish and comfortable silicone strap that can be worn all day.
In terms of fitness features, this activity tracker has a wrist-based heart rate monitor that tracks heart rate for more accuracy in finding calorie burn in steps and distance.
In addition to tracking distance and speed during any workout, GPS satellites measure calorie floors climbed and strength minutes.
With the smart notifications feature, you can also stay active and connected. Furthermore, it has an excellent feature of sedentary reminder, which notifies you via vibration if you are sitting idle for an extended period of time.
In addition, this watch offers excellent 5 days of battery life, which is terrific. Plus, it’s waterproof up to 5 ATMs, so you can use it for hand washing, showering, and swimming.
The credit of video:JimsReviewRoom
3. Garmin Vivoactive 3:
Features & Specs:
- Accurate GPS
- VO2 max
- 15 pre-installed GPS and indoor sports apps
- Garmin Pay
- Garmin Connect
Last but not least, The Garmin Vivoactive 3 is another affordable tracker that’s great for tracking indoor cycling.
You can use the Vivoactive 3’s indoor training features, such as running training on an indoor track or cycling on a stationary bike.
When GPS is turned off, the accelerometer on the device is used to monitor speed distance, and cadence when running or cycling.
Moreover, it includes more than 15 pre-installed GPS and indoor sports apps including yoga, running, swimming, and more.
Best of all, this tracker comes with gear tracking that allows you to track wear and tear, including on your riding gear.
Apart from that, this GPS watch also includes basic health features such as; VO2 max Pulse Ox sensor advanced sleep training recovery time intensity minutes body battery energy, etc.
Plus, you can get smart notifications for all third-party apps right on your smartwatch. Plus, Garmin Pay contactless payments allow you to pay for your purchases anytime, anywhere.
Regarding battery life, the watch offers excellent to 7 days of battery life in smartwatch mode and up to 13 hours in GPS mode.
1. How do I view my indoor cycling data on Garmin Connect?
To view your indoor cycling data on Garmin Connect, simply log into your account and select the ‘Activity History tab. From here, you can view all of your past indoor cycling workouts, as well as your current progress.
2. Is the Garmin app free for indoor cycling?
Yes, the Garmin app can be downloaded for free on Garmin devices. It’s also considered Garmin’s best indoor cycling app.
Overall, tracking your indoor cycling workouts on Garmin is a great way to stay motivated and see your progress over time. By using the proper tools and techniques, you can accurately track your rides and see how you’re improving. We hope this guide has helped you understand how to track indoor cycling on Garmin so that you can get the most out of your workouts.